Re: Countrylink - Canberra - Sydney

ok thanks for the info. I enjoy travelling Countrylink for the simple reason
that my 6'4 frame hates travelling long distance (cramp-o-rama) and the
ability to get up and walk is a benefit on the train that no other form of
transport can offer (except for maybe the boat, and I get sick on those and
where do you get a long distance one without paying a bomb?). I know what
you mean about the generalisation with "dregs" of society, something i've
noticed.
However when I went to Wachope from Sydney in October, they overbooked car e
(economy). As a result I didnt get my window seat which I had asked for. The
attendant was very good about it and moved me to a seat in car f (econ.),
which was near empty!
Of note was that the train (Grafton XPT 12:00 from Hornsby) was over 2 hours
late at Wachope. Despite this, the staff kept the people fully informed of
the problems (late departure from Sydney due to signalling meant train was
out of its slot and had to wait to cross more trains) and despite a verbal
hammering from several customers, they kept their smiles and were very
tactful and apologetic (something rare in the railways it seems). Well done
Countrylink for facing the problem so well.

Brendan