Re: Countrylink - Canberra - Sydney

IB98 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about taking a countrylink train CBR-SYD and fly home later in the
> day. How good are these trains??

Comparable to an XPT seat, comfortable for a short journey. The ride of an Xplorer
is not too bad, but dont expect much fast running as the line has good grades and
lots of curves.

> What is the comfort level if I buy a 1st class
> ticket??

For the extra cost of a first class ticket you get something like three extra
inches of legroom and the seat reclines further. First class also has the buffet
area. There is no different in the level of service between economy and first.

> Also do they usually run on time or are they often late??

They mostly run close to time, however two examples of late running in the last
week are Sunday 16 Jan 14:43 ex Sydney 20 mins late, SP20 today 10 late through
Liverpool.