Re: EL Sighting on Adelaide to Melbourne line

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:30:12 GMT, thalytgv@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <38883E68.5EF18262@camtech.net.au>,
>  Jackson Harding <jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote:
>> I made an interesting sighting today as I was mowing the lawn after
>> getting home from work.  About 1910 an ASR train went past headed for
>> Melbourne (I'm about 30 minutes out of Adelaide in the Hills).  The
>> train was headed by CLP 14, with GM 32 CLF 7 and EL 54 in that order.
>> It's the first time in five years living here I've seen an EL on this
>> route, although I don't see every train that goes by.
>>
>> It was also in a livery I've not seen before, predominately silver
>with
>> gold and blue and the logo "CFCL Australia" on the side
>and "Australian
>> Horsepower" on the side of the cab.  Can anyone fill me in on who this
>> livery belongs to, it's a new one to me.
>>
>CFCL=Chicago Freight car leasing, a US based company who purchased all
>the EL class last year and refurbished them to more suits frieght train
>operation, so far ASR leased some of the units for its interstate
>service.

Well spotted - but did you see the loco name?

JD

John Dennis                             jdennis@mpx.com.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:  http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jdennis/dbt.html