Re: EL Sighting on Adelaide to Melbourne line

In article <38883E68.5EF18262@camtech.net.au>,
  Jackson Harding <jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote:
> I made an interesting sighting today as I was mowing the lawn after
> getting home from work.  About 1910 an ASR train went past headed for
> Melbourne (I'm about 30 minutes out of Adelaide in the Hills).  The
> train was headed by CLP 14, with GM 32 CLF 7 and EL 54 in that order.
> It's the first time in five years living here I've seen an EL on this
> route, although I don't see every train that goes by.
>
> It was also in a livery I've not seen before, predominately silver
with
> gold and blue and the logo "CFCL Australia" on the side
and "Australian
> Horsepower" on the side of the cab.  Can anyone fill me in on who this
> livery belongs to, it's a new one to me.
>
> Jackson

CFCL=Chicago Freight car leasing, a US based company who purchased all
the EL class last year and refurbished them to more suits frieght train
operation, so far ASR leased some of the units for its interstate
service.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.