Re: Pendennis Castle

Greg Triplett wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> >>Rod Gayford wrote:
> > > I would be happy to participate in making representations to the appropriate authorities to have a ban placed on exporting this loco.  Why did they not offer it to an Australian outfit first.  Lets stop this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!> Cheers> Rod Gayford<<
>
> Strikes me that this is a piece of England's heritage which
> should not have been allowed to be exported from UK in the
> first place.
>
> Regards
>
> Greg Triplett

Couldn't agree more.  It belongs at Didcot with all it's green brothers
and sisters.  Being a huge fan of the GWR I've seen it out here and gota
thrill out of it, but I'll be just as happy to see it at Didcot, or even
steaming on the restored lines to Kingswear or Minehead.  To be seen
where it should be seen, in it's native habitat.

Jackson
Jackson & Jo Harding
email:  jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au
mobile: 0412 793 587 (Jackson)