Re: Hehe It got better!!

tony bailey wrote in message <38890c00@pink.one.net.au>...
>re: Ansett
>
>Why compare Ansett to Cityrail?

Both are in the business of moving people - it seems reasonable enough. This
discussion has been had several times before, but I don't mind putting in my
2 shillings. I'm forking out $1000 per year on train fares or $1000 for a
trip to Perth, I want my 250 satisfactory train trips and one good plane
journey - is it too much to ask. As they say, if man can walk on the moon,
I'm sure Cityrail could run a few trains...

>But if you must-
>
>Try travelling by domestic airline first and than post -

No problem for me - doing it all the time

>Domestic air passengers are, on The whole,  herded like sheep, keep badly
>informed about what is going on, often have late running services and, for
>some strange reason, seldom complain!

But the planes I travelled on last week were clean, at the right temperature
(roughly), service was like McDonalds, a bit plastic, but consistent and
civil, the whole thing had a predictable feel to it, unlike my last journey
on Cityrail.

snip

>If you want to see where our domestic air services are heading - go to the
>USA and try domestic services there - on the whole they are the pits!

And if you go to the Philippines and see the train services there - maybe
you've got an idea of where our train services are heading.