Re: East Gippsland Vic log trains

Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message 3887028d@nap-ns1">news:3887028d@nap-ns1...
> For anyone wondering about Sale - Hillside log trains, the signals at

It must make Marinus feel good to see his "baby" working after so many years
fading in the sun at Dynon.
Never been beyond Sale, so could you tell me a little about the track,
please?
Is it flat, or hilly and are the curves broad or sharp etc etc.
Also do they have much trouble with the RTL. Its main problem, as repoerted
by our Training Section 'xsperts' seem to be related to wheel slipping
,especially on wet rails, and consequently wearing [burning] out the $5,000
Tyres.15 empty wagons would weigh about 340 tonnes and 6 loads between 360
and 420 tonnes. This would be a very good load indeed for a 400hp Truck!
Rod