Re: West Coast Railway and 6042 - AD60 Garrett

----------
In article <3882A8EB.1DD74EA4@mailbox.uq.edu.au>, Rob Kearey
<r.kearey@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:

>darin wrote:
>
>> I have heard a rumour that WCR will relocate 6042 from the old Lachlan
>> Vintage Village at Forbes, NSW to Adelaide to run steam in and out of
>> the standard gauge lines around Adelaide.
>
>I heard that oil-firing and Giesel ejectors are in the works, and that
>Dulux is stepping up production of Cacky Blue.

Laugh if you will, but I've heard it straight from the mouth of a WCR
director. I imagine it is only a maybe not a will, stay tuned but don't hold
your virtual breaths. WCR are not afraid to look at all options no matter
how ludicrous they sound. They have also looked at Pendennis Castle and a
new chinese built engine. I personally have my doubts, but that is what they
stated they were looking at

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne