Re: What's with cityrail?

Tony Paton wrote:

> This morning the driver
> left two carriages hanging off the end of the platform at st-leonards.
> despite the shouts from the people who wanted to get off, the guard
> shut the doors and took off.

That is an easy mistake to make.  If you have been driving 6 car sets all day and
you get an 8 car set, you can forget about the extra 2 cars occasionally.  I was
pass on a train where the driver got relieved at Mortdale Car Sheds.  It was a 6 car
roster, but they had put 8 cars on it.  The driver getting relieved had forgotten to
tell him that there were 8 cars, to at Mortdale, we stopped at the 6 car marker,
with two cars hanging out the back.

> next stop norht sydney (where I get out).
> A guard was going into the last two carriages with a hand-held radio.
> The people who wanted to get off a SL told the train guard off.

I would have too.  If the train stops short, it is the guard's responsibility to
give the driver the bell signal to draw forward.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au