Re: Deary deary me ...

----------
In article <x6kf4.171$x31.8842@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>, "Eric Cartman"
<erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What I was going to say was that my dream house would be backing onto a
>heavily populated main line (but only during the day as night isn't as good
>for taking photos) with an elevated loft in the backyard (with the window
>facing the line of course).
>
>Keeping dreaming Eric, keep dreaming.........

Don't give up the dream Eric, there are currently townhouses (flats for
yuppies) being built next to the entrance to Bunbury St tunnel in melbourne.
 If you are not familiar with Melbourne, these flats have got views across
the Maribyrnong river and of the railway bridge across the river which takes
all SG traffic in and out of Melbourne. You can also see the top end of the
SG yard, the NRC loco depot and the BG maribyrnong line which runs alonside
the river underneath the SG lines and takes briquettes etc on an irregular
basis.
 I must stop and have a look at the flats one day, they would have one hell
of a view for any foaming gunzel. The flat on the corner of the complex
would be 50m away from the line.

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne