Re: Deary deary me ...

"Sam Eades" <eadess@yahoo.com> wrote in message
387D1FA9.93C0368C@yahoo.com">news:387D1FA9.93C0368C@yahoo.com...

> Rob Kearey wrote:
>
> > People living next to railway lines discover that trains make noise.
> >
> > Well, duh.
> >
> > I hope they're enjoying the lovely view of the vandalized noise
> > abatement panels.
>
> The question has to be asked, who was there first? I'll bet they weren't
> even born when the rail line was put in!!
> Some people are so selfish and narrow minded...
>
> Sam Eades

It's the same everywhere. A couple of years back some of the residents in
Cordeaux Heights were complaining about the noise of the BHP trains on the
Mount Kembla line and they were actually trying to stop the trains. If they
had succeeded more road trucks would have to use Mount Ousley, but they
didn't care because they don't live near Mount Ousley.
Cordeaux Heights was started about 15 years ago and the railway was there
long before the houses.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton