Re: Deary deary me ...

"Tony Paton" <tonyp@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
GXV8OHrbXkrXajqy9AyTz=+33j7U@4ax.com">news:GXV8OHrbXkrXajqy9AyTz=+33j7U@4ax.com...
> I live less than 100m from a rail line at it has nevered annoyed me.
> Sure the freight trains at night are loud but they usually send you to
> sleep!!
> No one in our area has ever complained about the noise.
> Just like airports...

I have friends whose house backs onto Corinda station. Diesels on city bound
suburbans stopped directly behind their house in the pre-electric days.
Grain trains in the middle of the night. And considerable traffic on the
curve taking the long way around before the direct route through Sth
Brisbane.

You just didn't notice after a few days.

rgds
David