Re: Found a cheap flight to SYD

I was one who took up on Anthony Tubbs' suggestion and booked a flight last
night.

Being an avid Western Bulldogs fan I thought I'd try to book a ticket to
Sydney and back on 14th May
to go up for the day, watch the game and come home.

This morning I was contacted by a Telstra Big Pond travel consultant and was
told that the
fare was not valid at $3.40, due to it being available only to inbound
passengers from the UK
and Europe (ie. When you buy a return ticket from UK/Europe to Australia you
receive a free
domestic return flight, in much the same way as QF/BA make these offers for
people travelling
from Australia to  UK/Europe). If you looked in the conditions when booking
it mentions "UK Bonus Sale"
under the heading "TE.TKT Endorsement".

I tried putting in other city pairs such as MEL-ADL & return, MEL-HBA &
return, ADL-PER & return and for
these flights the offered fare was zero! YES ZERO! There were no
restrictions on days of travel and times.

The cheapest fare he could offer me was $242 - the standard 21 day APEX fare
with a Saturday
night stay.

If anyone does have success with these fares, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stuart Chard

e-mail : stuartc@corplink.com.au