Re: [TAS] Rare sight in Hobart

> This loco has been to Hobart before in similar circumstances. There was
> an
> article in "Tasmanian Rail News" about it.

Must have overlooked that article...will stick with my premise that it was
the first time I've seen it in Hobart...not that really amounts for much. The
young photographer with the cute dog was of a similar opinion...

> > third unit:   2056    Another QR, completely unmodified, slave unit.
> > Was QR 1475.
>
> > final unit:    2101   a named loco, ZR2- Audrey Mills, is an English
> > Electric, and led this unlikely set into Hobart.  Recently modified
> > braking allows this to run with GMs. Originally QR2355, first introduced
> > in 1973, moved to Tas in 1987 (ZB 6) and then in 1997 became ZR 2.
> > Livery: supposively ANR yellow, but consistent with recent rolling stock
> > from ANR days, best described as sooted grime.
>

> This is interesting. Did 2101 trail the set out of Hobart? If so, was it
> powering?
> I find this hard to believe that it would have been modified for MU
> operation
> as this would have been expensive. It would have required the
> replacement
> of the EE control system by a GE/EMD unit.
>
> John McCallum

All four were powered and working.  Watched them shunt for a while.  If it
wasn't powered, then it must have had a fire on board...