Re: Train on Sydney Harbour Bridge during fireworks

David Bennetts wrote:

> pm <pmelling@orac.net.au> wrote in message
> HW_c4.61$Hh3.663421@news0.optus.net.au">news:HW_c4.61$Hh3.663421@news0.optus.net.au...
> > Apologies if this has been discussed but I have been on hols.
> >
> > Did I see an eight car set move onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge during the
> NY
> > fireworks?
> >
> > Was it being re-positioned, or did it just happen to stop there for a few
> > minutes.  If so, who was on board......?
> >
> > Paul
> >

> Paul
>
> This has been discussed - the trains kept running although the CBD
> underground stations were closed between 11.45 pm and just after 1.00 am.
> In the case of trains running over the Harbour Bridge, passengers were
> conveyed between North Sydney and Central during the ''shutdown" period,
> they just couldn't board or alight at the city underground stations.

The train I was on at 00:50 informed passengers at North Sydney that the train
was to terminate.  It was transposed to not stop at Milsons Point (as passengers
were allowed to join Northbound services there).  The train then stopped at
Wynyard and Town Hall, with the doors opening and closing, but no-one got on or
off.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au