Re: [NSW] Female Guards/Drivers

"nobody" <dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
387550c7@pink.one.net.au">news:387550c7@pink.one.net.au...
> I've heard the same stories about males. Dont make generalisations because
> all generalisations are false . . .

That is how frustrating it is becoming though. There is nothing wrong with
females doing the job as long as they can do the job and have got the job
for that reason not for the sake of being female.

> I find its the men who do the most talking on the PA. And drivers may find
> it annoying, but I reckon all guards should announce the next stop and the
> route of the train because that info is not always available on stations.

You are right there, it is a vital part of a Guards job. The PA systems
should be made so that the announcements don't go through to the Driver's
compartment.