Re: [NSW] Female Guards/Drivers

In article <387558ae@pink.one.net.au>,
  "Vanguard" <apri@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "nobody" <dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> You are right there, it is a vital part of a Guards job. The PA systems
> should be made so that the announcements don't go through to the Driver's
> compartment.
>

> > Brendan

Im not disagreeing with the fact that they should be making announcements. I
fully agree with announcements, HOWEVER, I have a very huge axe to grind when
these females, and yes I find it only to be females that do this, they
announce every single station we stop at on that line EVERY time we pull out
of a station. Going around bankstown or up the Nth Shore can be very painful
when you have to hear every single station listed on that line every time we
pull out of a platform. If im on a tangara, the solution is simple, I trip
the PA circuit breaker to shut her up, but sometimes, on a K set or
something, you go to trip the PA circuit breaker, and the announcement still
goes into the drivers compartment. I spose thats just typical Cityrail
maintenance. -- CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.