Re: [NSW] New Airport link newsletter

OK...

if my little assumption that Olympic Park--Sydney Terminal trains get
extension into City Circle and through the airport then to Turella and
reverse then they may not need as many Macarthur fast trains to go through
the airport. What I read a few years back prior to the November 1996
disaster timetable (A CityRail publication stating all the benefits of the
"Cumberland Line" and proposed timetable changes) was that the majority of
peak time trains from East Hills would divert via Airport.

Off peak wise, there will definitely be shuttles--otherwise why bother
installing those crossover points? However operationally it isn't as sound
by extending the Olympic Park trains into the City Circle as most of them
would have to cross 3 tracks to get to platform 17 at Central. What do you
know? Maybe they'll start running direct Berowra to Waterfall services some
day....

IF_c4.1589$oF2.4540@ozemail.com.au">news:IF_c4.1589$oF2.4540@ozemail.com.au...