Re: "lost" trains

> > The point that gets missed in my opinion, is that the signal was defective, but
> > why was it jumping aspects??
>
> <sigh> It was not the signal which was "defective", it was the track
> circuit.... that's the point you seem to be missing.

The signal is driven by the feed from the track circuit. To be real technical,
neither the track circuit nor the signal were faulty. The track circuit is not
designed to operate under isolated conditions. If it were, the signal that is driven
by it would never change aspects.

The terminology of defective signal is being used in this case as the signal was not
showing an aspect correct of the train position in front of it, nor was it remaining
on an aspect of which clear indication could be given.

My apologies for using a misleading term, although most still understand what I mean.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  Never be afraid to try something new.