Re: Olympics service (Was Carlingford line & was Cumberland Line)

In article <962c4.153$ZI2.8524@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote:
>And where are they going to get these extra buses from?
>
>and Cumberland lines appear to be targets as well. The Cronulla line only
>seems to be a target because it is single line. I haven't been on suburban
>services in that area for a while but I seem to think that there are more
>passengers on the Cronulla - Sutho section rather than Sutho - Waterfall
>section. Am I right?

 Been years since I lived down that way (Caringbah) - but based on the
account for 50+% of the Illawarra lines traffic. Certainly it far exceeds
the Waterfall 'branch' of the suburban service. Trains arrive at Sutherland
full. It's the Waterfall trains that provide the capacity Sutherland to
Hurstville, where additional services start to do Hurstville - Sydenham (The
trains I now get from Carlton).

 I could probably sucessfully run 'super express' trains that stopped say
Sutherland -  Redfern (all to Bondi Jnct) and have 'crush' loads. !