Re: Olympics service (Was Carlingford line & was Cumberland Line)

As with all the lines that CityRail *thinks* there is no demand for rail
service: increase the supply of services and there'll be a demand
immediately.

Matthew Geier <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
84r5l9$ara$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au">news:84r5l9$ara$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au...
> In article <962c4.153$ZI2.8524@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
> Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >And where are they going to get these extra buses from?
> >
> >and Cumberland lines appear to be targets as well. The Cronulla line only
> >seems to be a target because it is single line. I haven't been on
suburban
> >services in that area for a while but I seem to think that there are more
> >passengers on the Cronulla - Sutho section rather than Sutho - Waterfall
> >section. Am I right?
>
>  Been years since I lived down that way (Caringbah) - but based on the
> account for 50+% of the Illawarra lines traffic. Certainly it far exceeds
> the Waterfall 'branch' of the suburban service. Trains arrive at
Sutherland