Deterioration of videos.

G'day all.
I've spent some time over the last few days transfering footage that I
recorded on super VHSC tape in 1992-93 to digital tape, and it's just
as well that I started now because much to my horror I discovered that
the tapes were starting to exhibit the first signs of deterioration,
ie. dropouts and "sticking" during playback. Brands of the tapes were
TDK and Panasonic. They had been stored correctly and run through at
least once a year. So if you have any matrial on these types of tapes
that you don't want to loose I suggest you start to transfer them now
on to a more durable format.
Bevan Wall.