Re: Melbourne no Y2K problems

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:05:04 +1100, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
wrote:

>Everything went smoothly in Melbourne, no power cuts, Metrol didn't melt
>down, and as expected the Door Window insert makers and the glass companies
>are making a fortune from the feral travelling on the free public transport
>system

Did anyone hear of this lunatic running around Richmond station
shortly after midnight in army fatigues and T-shirt, wielding a
dangerous looking object, believed to be a machete, with "666" on his
forehead? I heard one very concerned driver calling Metrol for the
police to attend.

The scanner was left on from about 7:00pm. Very strange to hear it in
constant use after midnight.

Les Brown

"Some fella says that 50% of people in this world have below average intelligence"
"Nah, that's not right, most of the people I know are pretty smart"
"I think you just proved his point"