Re: Melbourne no Y2K problems

Peter Shute <pshute@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
hgus6s07gadk01dfdfk7q5jv4j5jnegpgd@4ax.com">news:hgus6s07gadk01dfdfk7q5jv4j5jnegpgd@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:05:04 +1100, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
> >Everything went smoothly in Melbourne, no power cuts, Metrol didn't melt
> >down, and as expected the Door Window insert makers and the glass
companies
> >are making a fortune from the feral travelling on the free public
transport
> >system

As expected, the train I was on pulled into Caulfield just before 1am and
sat there for 5 minutes. An announcement might have helped though... a few
people were heard to be saying "C'mon train!" after a few minutes.

> Was waiting to watch the fireworks from the pedestrian overpass near
> West Footscray last night. Right on midnight all the lights on Middle
> and West Footscray station went out. The crowd gasped. Then they came
> back on. Did someone pull the wrong switch?

Probably someone having a little joke at the electricity company. Maybe the
same person who shut the power off in my street at 2:15am for about 5
seconds... just long enough to start worrying...!

Daniel

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au