Re: OT - Third Millennium (was: Merry Christmas)

The FACT is that the calendar is stuffed and innacurate anyway. Some people
even believe that the new millennium started 5 years ago! Overall, the easiest
thing to say is the year 2000 is the start of the new millennium and be done
with that. I believe that we are in the new millennium of the christian
calendar and you believe we are still in the old millennium of the christian
calendar. So lets just leave it at this and get back to discussing railways!
:-)

Bill McNiven wrote:

> James Brook wrote in message <386F1DD9.42204256@ozemail.com.au>...
> >say that the year 0 - just before 1 never existed and this is ridiculous!
>
> Go and read up on the FACT that the year 0000 never existed, for example
> http://www.rog.nmm.ac.uk/leaflets/new_mill.html
> http://aa.usno.navy.mil/AA/faq/docs/millennium.html
>
> Then wash your mouth with soap and water.
>
> Then post your ravings to somewhere other than aus.rail (unless the year
> 0000 has some relevance here).

I'm not the only one posting these messages and you are keeping it going by
replying to it.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: