Re: Sydney Airport Link

Dave Proctor wrote in message <84kl8s$94o$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

<snip>
>But while we are going down that path, why not compare QR with Countrylink?
>In comparison, Countrylink is pathetic, but they are both "subsidised
>organisation(s) which exist(s) to promote government policy....." - why is
>one so much better than the other?

The answer lies in the policies they are designed to promote. QR's long
distance trains are an integral part of the state's tourist promotions.
Countrylink is designed to continue the provision of cheap fares to various
(growing) sections of the voting public. Most Countrylink trains do not
travel very far.

Barry Campbell