Re: NYE Fireworks in Sydney

Kingpin wrote in message ...
>'Twas a dark and stormy night on Sat, 1 Jan 2000 11:00:24 +1100 as "Dave
>Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> took time out from the
neverending
>quest to rid the world of grues and wrote:
>
>> Probably not a good idea to broadcast the train that it happened on. I
>> agree, the driver was a champion for doing it, but I am sure that some of
>> the CityRail operational staff in here (Craig, David, etc) will confirm
that
>> CityRail management can be real pains at time.
>
>The rule is Authorised persons only.  But whether the driver has the
authority
>to authorise people is another matter.

A friend who is a driver says that he does not have the authority to
authorise people in the cab. He says (although I do not believe this one)
that he can order an inspector to leave the cab, unless the inspector is
there in an official capacity (to observe his driving skills, etc). So,
according to him, an inspector going home does not have the authority to be
in the cab.

The inspector would make his life hell if he tried it though.

>But good on the drivers anyway.

Agreed. Strike one up for common sense.

Dave