Re: North Shore Line Duplication (New St Leonards Station)

darin <darin.o'brienNOdaSPAM@dhs.vic.gov.au.invalid> wrote in message
136a57b2.707fd7c7@usw-ex0106-045.remarq.com">news:136a57b2.707fd7c7@usw-ex0106-045.remarq.com...
> David,
>
> thank you.  I grew up close to Roseville College.
>
> Wrt Archer st, I erred - I meant Ashley St (crosses over railway
> line near Pacific Hwy.  I believe this bridge will need
> replacing?)
>
> It sounds like they may make a real mess of Roseville Station and
> as I remember, the lovely gardens.
>
> Achieving a cut and cover of the current line and not impacting
> on timetables or Roseville commuters will be quite an
> achievement!
>
> regards
>
> Darin O'Brien

Darin

I also spent many years in Roseville, and commuted daily to the city from
there.

I think cut and cover only applies as far north as Boundary Street,  the
tunnel should be bored through under the Roseville station area, and the
station there should remain virtually untouched.  Unfortunately the gardens
at the North Shore stations are nowhere near as beautiful as they used to
be.  You can put that down to cost cutting, AFAIK they're maintained by the
council, I don't think State Rail (or Cityrail) contributes a cent.  The
whole North Shore line used to be beautiful, now it looks like a rubbish
dump for the most part.

Regards

David