Re: North Shore Line Duplication (New St Leonards Station)

darin <darin.o'brienNOdaSPAM@dhs.vic.gov.au.invalid> wrote in message
20bfa688.5cddba26@usw-ex0106-045.remarq.com">news:20bfa688.5cddba26@usw-ex0106-045.remarq.com...
> Where will the Parramatta line deviate south of Roseville?  Will
> the tunnel portals be located just south of Boundary Road,
> resuming say, Chatswood Classic cars, the Horse shop (??), the
> old clark rubber (Babyco?), the tyre shop and the shell service
> station (on the western side of the line)?
>
> I am guessing the line will pass under, and not over, the Pacific
> highway AND Boundary Road intersection (there is already a low
> clearance railway overpass where many a truck gotta stuck - can't
> imagine adding to the congestion there) and so the dive under
> may start back south of Archer St (200 - 300m north of Chatswood
> Station)?????
>
> cheers
>
> Darin O'Brien
> Melbourne
> (school years spent in Roseville)

*

According to my recollection of a quick perusal of the EIS last week, there
will be substantial  cut and cover works between Wilson Street and Boundary
Street, where on track of the new line from Parramatta will cross under the
Shore Line, which itself will be re-aligned in the vicinity.  The EIS has
the Parra-Chatswood line under the Shore line to a point between Clanville
Road, Roseville and to south of Grosvenor Road, where it diverges west and
leaves the Shore line alignment, so presumably it bores under Boundary
Street rather than crossing on a bridge.  There is no provision for an
underground Roseville station.   For the last couple of weeks a drilling rig
has been operating near the Clanville Road intersection with the Pacific
Highway, presumably for test sampling for the new line.

You seem confused over Archer Street - this street runs roughly North South,
parallel to the Shore Line.

Regards

David Bennetts