Re: Two 86xx on freight

John MacCallum wrote:

> Scott Beecham wrote:
> >
> > Could all the 86 activity be due to the fact that oil prices have gone
> > through the roof in the past month or two?
>
> No it's just because of some political shit stirring that's going on
> about the Safety of Railway workers jobs in Country Areas (namely
> Lithgow).
> --
>
> Pope
>
> Alias   John MacCallum

That would not suprise me at all.  I have no doubts that senior management
want to have 12 hr shifts for their drivers and have a total diesel fleet so
they don't have to change loco's and drivers when they reach Lithgow, so
they can have some cost perceived cost savings so as to help the sale price
when Freightcorp is sold to overseas investors.

-greg