Re: Train driver positions????????

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>David Bromage wrote:

>> There was some talk about guards being offered the front seat. Any more
>> news on this?

>Guards are being trained now to become fully qualified drivers.  It is not a temporary
>position, and they are not only being half trained.

I have also heard that the employment conditions of the new Cityrail
suburban drivers and guards staff coming through the accelerated training
programmes are different to staff who joined prior to the pre-Olympic panic.

Apparently the recently-joined staff are *not* actually being appointed to
permanent positions, and I've heard other stories about new staff having to
sign papers to this effect when commencing the training programme.

I wonder how true these allegations are? I am sure that many of the new
staff would not actually be aware that they aren't permanent appointees if
this isn't being made explicitly clear at the interviews and selection
meetings. That's assuming the information is correct of course...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport