Re: [NSW] Light Green/Yellow Container Wagons at Cooks River Goods Line

"Dan" <dan@flex.com.au> writes:

>As I drove pass the Airport on Qantas Drive, I seen three locos (one is
>V/Line round front loco, one is the old brown colour round front loco, and
>the other loco I forgot what it is {lost my mind} [**my apologies - if the
>description terms of the locos is incorrect & could not record the loco
>numbers as I cannot stop in the flowing traffic on Qantas Drive] - hawling
>the skeleton type wagons which is in Light Green/Yellow colour (with the
>normal shipping container on top) & some ex AN semi boxed/covered Container
>Wagons on the Cooks River Line.

That would have been LVR's train, hauled by an ex V/line X-class loco, 4486
and one of the 47's which LVR has running.

>While FreightCorp has skeleton type Container wagons which is in Dark
>Blue/Yellow Colour, who owns/runs the skeleton type Light Green/Yellow
>colour Container Wagons?

Probably ex-AN vehicles.

>Also I seen National Rail "coal type" Wagons (Grey/Orange Colour bodied) on
>the Cooks River Line - any idea where it was used in the Cooks River Line?

NR operate the quarry trains from Dunmore (Shellharbour) quarry on the NSW
south coast line, generally using a pair of ex-AN DL class diesels (since I
live just across the road from the railway line near Waterfall station I get
to hear it regularly almost every weekday!). I don't know where this train
goes to, but it could well be travelling to a destination on the Botany line
somewhere.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport