Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth

Richard wrote in message <38A34C1A.39324C91@primus.com.au>...
>Gee...really has been some time since I sank a green on the Overalnd!!
>So some questions:
>Does not the Overland have a general access buffet car??

The Overland has a take-away buffet for sitting passengers and a "Club Car"
(really just a glorified dining car) for sleeping passengers. It is not a
patch on the ambience of the old Club Cars though.

>What is shortest trip possible for daylight hours Mel-Adl.
>Whats wrong with o/n running but on tighter schedule...getting in before 8
has
>to be mandatory.

GSR do not like using platform 2 apparently - an 0800 or earlier arrival at
Spencer St would involve using Platform 2, and an 0800 arrival in Adelaide
would involve using Platoform 2 in the evenings.

Although, if *may* be cost effective for GSR to pay to move the XPT
refuelling facilities so that the XPT could use Platform 2 instead of 1. As
it stands now, Countrylink get the use of Platform 1 because of the
refuelling facilities, and they aren't going to pay to move them just to
suit another operator.

Dave