Re: N class (was H220 was surviving R class etc)

The N class running around on V/Line today is a fine locomotive, they get me
to and from uni every day without any trouble, and what more they sound
great.  Steam had its time, and was beaten by a far superior locomotive.
The N of today would kick the steam N back to the stone age.

Regards

Andrew

Forster Family Inc <noelmel@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
38a48ce1$0$28714@echo-01.iinet.net.au">news:38a48ce1$0$28714@echo-01.iinet.net.au...
> A point of clarification, N432 was one of 3 with 'german' type deflectors
> and Boxpok wheels. 430 and 431 were similar. All were nominally allocated
> Ballarat in their latter years.
> N453 also had german deflectors as a result of a collision on the
Melbourne-