Re: [NSW] Indicator Board - Wrong Destination

In article <883cki$7hp$1@the-fly.zip.com.au>,
  "Dan" <dan@flex.com.au> wrote:

> Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> qY9p4.24384$3b6.101579@ozemail.com.au">news:qY9p4.24384$3b6.101579@ozemail.com.au...
> >

> > > The 1800 Central - Lithgow service arrived at Platform 2,
Parramatta
> > > yesterday with the indicator board showing destination Richmond,
> stopping
> > at
> > > Westmead, 7 Hills, all to Richmond with the corresponding
announcement
> > being
> > > made.  The board and announcements were corrected but only after
the
> train
> > > had stopped and people had commenced boarding.
> > > Needless to say many very pissed off passengers got off at
Penrith in
> the
> > > knowledge that they had to backtrack to at least Blacktown to get
home.
> > > These passengers had at least an extra hour (not to mention 40+km
added
> > > their journey).
> >
> > Wouldn't they realise the train was a Mountains train by just
looking at
> it?
> > Most ppl can tell the difference...
Occasionally interurban sets will replace usual suburban service, I
took a Waterfall service(I think) few years ago

> **Not if someone who is a tourist, elderly people or persons who
cannot
> understand English...

Or some non-frequent rail user, or someone who was very tired by the
end of the day just wanted to go home asap without took a note an
interurban set was entering the platform.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/