Re: Sugar loco "Bundy" to steam north

"Bundy" was the official name of a Bundaberg Fowler 0-6-2T which was
supplied new to and worked at Mossman Mill. It carried brass name plates to
that effect. After being placed out of service it was eventually sold to a
private owner in Victoria who later moved to Bundaberg bringing the loco
with him. He sold it back to Mossman Mill for their Ballyhooley tourist
train. Whilst in use at Mossman for the Ballyhooley tourist train it was
named "Ballyhooley Bundy". This loco never worked at Millaquin Mill.
The "Bundy" that is "Pleystowe No.5" was never officially named or AFAIK
referred to as "Bundy". This is a name picked by the television people as an
"affectionate" name for the loco. It is a further shortening of the referral
by a number of our members to the locomotive as being the "Bundy Fowler". I
also remember hearing that term used at Millaquin, Qunaba and Bingera Mills
when this type of locomotive was operational at those locations. BTW
"Pleystowe No.5" was just "No.5" at Pleystowe Mill we refer to it as
"Pleystowe No.5" so as to distinguish it from two other locos owned by
ANGRMS with the running number "5".

David Mewes
President
ANGRMS