Re: (NSW) How good are our trains?

Barry Campbell wrote in message ...

>I catch a train from Beenleigh to the Valley (In Brisbane for the
>southerners) which is about 40km. I can't see what use a bar would be. I
>would have to say anyone who wants a beer at 7am is a bit suspect.

Someone finishing a 2200 - 0600 shift? My family used to be horrified back
when I used to work for Westpac that we would go to the pub at 0730 on
paydays - the fact that we had just finished a 2300 - 0700 shift was
irrelevant, they could not understand how we could drink at that time of the
morning.

Mind you, these are the same people who would wake you up at 1930 to go to
work and offer you a baked dinner or steak, and then wonder why I wanted
Weet-Bix or Coco Pops.

>Of course, going home might not be such a bad thing.

I will drink to that.

Dave