Re: Tassie Garret & Penndennis Castle

Bob wrote:

> What's wrong with converting to oil firing? The NSWGR did it. Let me get
> this right, you want everything restored to 'original condition' with
> nothing old replaced even it it is worn out? I hate to shatter your perfect
> world but every steam locomotive has had much of it's original fabric
> replaced  during it's life. You can either put steam locos into a glass
> case and look at them or keep rebuilding them to keep them running.
> Bob

But a true preservation group tries to keep the locos and other historic items
as close as operationally posible to their original condition. The SRHC does
this, and apart from the paint jobs and the headboard, Steamrail does this as
well. WCR is not a preservation group so they can do what they like.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au