Re: [NSW] Single deck interurban at Heathcote

Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
PzPn4.20876$3b6.88162@ozemail.com.au">news:PzPn4.20876$3b6.88162@ozemail.com.au...
> There's one of those on a vacant lot between St Mary's and Mt Druitt (near
> where the 'Waterworks' was). From what I can see, all the seats remain in
> the carriage. Its been graffitied, but its burnt, and some windows still
> remain.
>
> Are there plans to remove this carriage from the land? Or is it just going
> to sit there and rust for the next 10 yrs or so?

**Most of the U-boats or the single deck interurban cars (besides the ones
that are kept by SETS {at Goulburn}or the State Rail Herritage Unit) are
sold off at the auction years ago at Eveleigh. Now most of the U-boats are
seen in the private property so therefore it is unlikely the U-boats will be
moved = it is in the hands of the private owner of the U-boats and/or the
land where the U-boats are stored.

Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au