Re: S313 Echuca photos

Mark Bau wrote:

> Many thanks for posting the pictures so quickly!
>
> Well, Steamrail, once again, proves its reputation as the laughing stock of
> the Australian preservation movement.
>
> Kids will be kids I guess.

Although I don't like it and I tend to agree with these comments, the current
livery on S313 is only temporary. Dieselrail put a notice in the train that
said they didn't want to put all the time and effort into the VR colour scheme
when they have to destroy it in 2-4 years time when they restore S313 properly.
Although I would have preferred they VR livery, I can understand their reasons
for not doing it. As for the livery choice, I think the V/Line one would have
been the best from an historical point of view. It is even simpler than the one
they have used and it would give everyone a last chance to see S313 with a
V/Line livery in good condition.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: