Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

> >> And the cost effective alternative is probably the bus I
> >> would think. Not sure of the fares these days though.
> >V/line's Daylink cost 64$, Mac and Pioneer/Grey cost range from 65$ to
> >45$, Firefly 35$
> >
> >Overland's sitter 30$!!!!
>
> And a much slower trip - Firefly is only a 10 hour trip!
>
> Dave

might be only a 10 hour trip, but after travelling on one from Ballarat
recently [absolutely no way of avoiding the trip as the trains were replaced
by buses]  I would pay $60 for the train, to avoid the torture you need to
endure on a bus. They are rough, you are constantly subjected to forward and
rearward forces as the bus moves with the flow, cornering is bloody awful,
and I was locked into a window seat , holding one arm in the air the whole
way, as their was no room to put it on the shared single armrest. The Fat
lady occupying the aisle kept hissing at me, every time I tried to lower it.
Yes I guess I would save $5 and spend an extra couple of hours chatting with
friendly passengers, and enjoying a few hours sampling the local brew.. F***
your buses! And despite the recent problems in Sydney, I will arrive, and in
much better condition than you on your bus.
Rod