Re: [VIC] R700 transfer

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3897964A.5C066E3@ozemail.com.au">news:3897964A.5C066E3@ozemail.com.au...
> Notagunzel wrote:

> > > I left my pen at home so I didn't record any accurate times. :-(

> > Haha! You just failed your Gunzel Test.  Deduct 150 demerit points.

> Does putting the first pics of B80 with the latest additions to its livery
on
> the net get back some of those Gunzel demerit points? :-)

'Spose so, you just got 50 points back. |-)

> Highlight: travelling in the BKL on the Down
> > Lowlight: not being able to travel in the BKL on the Up. |-)

> The BKL seemed to be popular on the down. It was the only carriage that
> seemed to be rather full.

What does that tell you?

> Why didn't they put the DT at the end of the train so
> people could travel in it on the up?

The WCR cars have a Main Reservoir Pipe, and the Steamrail cars don't, so
the Steamrail cars had to trail.  Also, the WCR cars have through HEP
cables, & the Steamrail cars don't.  As to why the DT couldn't have been
marshalled at the front of the carset, I don't know.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur