Re: Goodbye Overland - We All Let You Down!

Craig Haber wrote in message <3896C960.19D4E746@harnessnet.com.au>...

>IMHO, sleeping car trains are the only way to travel, nothing better than
>kicking back in the club car, then with a comfy bed to sleep in.  It's a
pity
>more don't choose to enjoy the experience.  These days the focus is more on
>"getting there" rather than enjoying the journey.

Agreed - that is why I chose to catch the train (admittedly an XPT) when I
went to Melbourne for the tennis this year - Tennis Australia would refund
my fare up to $269, no matter which mode I chose, so I thought what better
way to go than to settle down in my sleeper with a few beers, then off to
bed (well, I can think of a better way - relaxing in the club car with a
couple of bourbons then off to bed, but we know that ain't gonna happen).

Dave