Re: Bad attitude

The Railway Rasputin II. said in message
<389217F6.3BB33C43@fastlink.com.au>, I therefore quote:

>Another tip is to leave some space not 3 feet like some guards do, thats
>why you get the faint announcements, so that the announcement comes out
>clear and things like the letter P don't "thump" out.
>
>This is from an ex guard and a public speaker.

In Melbourne a lot of drivers are prone to eating their microphone too. Not
literally, just talking with it too close to their mouth. That in my
opinion sound a lot worse than someone who you can bearly hear because they
are 3 miles from the microphone.

The best distance to talk from the microphone is about 2-3" and maybe a bit
closer if you are talking into the side of it (assuming it's like a
microphone on a two-way radio). Talk in a normal tone of voice, not louder,
not quieter, just as if you were having a conversation with someone.

(How To Sound Good On A P.A. - 101) :-)

Regards
Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

Children in the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause children.