Re: Tasmania's Abt Line - Work Commences

Chris Stratton wrote:

<thalytgv@my-deja.com> wrote in message 86rv8r$vjj$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:86rv8r$vjj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> The Loco that will be (or used to be) use on this line is still in
> Menzie's Creek Museum(VIC) isn't it?
>
> Cheers
> James

There were 5 steam rack locos originally, 4 have been preserved :
No 1   Zeehan Pioneers Museum Tas
No 2   Tasmanian Transport Museum Hobart Tas
No 3   Queenstown Tas (part of Miners Siding display)
No 4   Scrapped
No 5   Menzie's Creek Museum (Vic)
This may have changed recently or will change depending on which
loco(s) can be obtained to work the railway.

From what I can glean from the oracle on Tasmanian Rail Events, that is, Tasmanian Rail News, May 1999 edition, Locos 1 and 3 had been selected for restoration.  Number 2, as I understand it, will remain at TTM. There was a photo of one in a workshop, stripped.  There was some other skuttle-butt about Number 2, and the workings in subsequent editions, but for the moment, I have misplaced this high quality journal.  No doubt the editors, who are only to keen to correct my posts, will advise the list in due course of the progress.

Senator Newman on the West Coast?  It's not an election year, is it?