Re: Tasmania's Abt Line - Work Commences

Photographs have been published on the web showing the removal of the locos
from Queenstown and Zeehan for restoration.
My understanding was that these two steam locos only are to be restored and
operate from Queenstown to Dubbil Barril (spelling?). From there to Strahan
(Regatta Point) diesels (former TGR V class) are expected to be used. This
is close to authentic as trains between Teepookana and Regatta Point were
diesel hauled by Vulcan locos of this same design in the last years of
operation. These were subsequently sold to TGR. One is now at Zig Zag.

Ken

Bill McNiven wrote in message ...
>Chris Stratton wrote in message <86svb8$8nb$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au>...
>>There were 5 steam rack locos originally, 4 have been preserved :
>>No 1   Zeehan Pioneers Museum Tas
>>No 2   Tasmanian Transport Museum Hobart Tas
>>No 3   Queenstown Tas (part of Miners Siding display)
>>No 4   Scrapped
>>No 5   Menzie's Creek Museum (Vic)
>

>I read a few months ago that No.1 (in Zeehan) and No.3 (in Queenstown) had
>been nominated as part of the project funding process.
>
>Can we guess that EBR 22 (Vulcan 0-6-0 diesel) will return "home" to
Strahan