Re: Bad attitude

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> The best distance to talk from the microphone is about 2-3" and maybe a bit
> closer if you are talking into the side of it (assuming it's like a
> microphone on a two-way radio). Talk in a normal tone of voice, not louder,
> not quieter, just as if you were having a conversation with someone.

I'm still amazed at the number of station announcements, particularly at
city stations, made by staff who obviously don't speak much English or
who have impenetrably thick accents. I've got nothing against them being
employed but it stands to reason that you need people who speak clear
English to make announcements.

At Town Hall a week or so ago I noticed a number of laughing voices
messing around with the PA. This happened about five or six times. If
they were staff I hope they were disciplined.

Dion