[AUS] Edible Microphones (Was: Bad attitude)

Dion Williams said in message <3893E8F2.4387@start.com.au>, I therefore
quote:

>I'm still amazed at the number of station announcements, particularly at
>city stations, made by staff who obviously don't speak much English or
>who have impenetrably thick accents. I've got nothing against them being
>employed but it stands to reason that you need people who speak clear
>English to make announcements.

This seems to be a big problem in Melbourne as well, at Flinders Street in
particular. This is not being racist as it may sound, but when someone with
a really thick accent speaks over the P.A. it's not understandable. Trams
also seem to have this. What they should at least do is have an optional
announciator which the driver can use if he feels that he either does not
want to make a voice PA announcement, or has a thick-hard-to-understand
accent. Flinders Street has this already, but used about 75% of the time.

>At Town Hall a week or so ago I noticed a number of laughing voices
>messing around with the PA. This happened about five or six times. If
>they were staff I hope they were disciplined.

At Flinders Street about 4 months ago, someone kept making kissing noises
over the P.A. This was about 10pm at night, and there were still many
people around. Mind you, once before someone let out a huge belch over a
P.A. at the same station. My guess is both got disciplined pretty quickly.

>Dion

Regards
Michael.

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

Children in the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause children.