Re: Drunk cityrail driver

It is not the fact that we consider it an invasion of privacy etc. , and
yes there are instances of delaying tactics in certain circumnstances, but
the problem is that managers have a nasty habit of abusing things that have
been put in place to protect us all.

Example, they use random breath and drug  testing to target individuals who
may not agree with their philosophies, or who may have had altercations
with.

They also have this habit of testing people who report certain
irregularities with signals and the system of safeworking, as was the case
on State Rail when Trackwatch reports were introduced(Trackwatch reports
are submitted by safeworking employees when there is a problem with the
perway , signals and anything else that may impair the safe running of
trains).

So needless to say as can be seen by these two examples (and there are many
more) that the system has been abused.

I think most Drivers etc. welcome random testing as long as it used fairly
and in the right circumnstances.