Re: Drunk cityrail driver

In article <3A3EE5FD.5B8C2F2@spin.net.au>,
  Marvin The Martian <choochoo72@spin.net.au> wrote:
> They have random breath testing when you sign on, about every 3-4
months on
> average

I understand that there has been consideration of random testing at
times other than sign-on. This appears to be a good idea, and
preferably it would be done in an efficient manner so that trains would
not be delayed by testing (ie have the testers already waiting at the
station, rather than the driver having to wait to be tested).

Has there been any progress with this idea?

Do the police always do the testing?

Cheers, David.

> Stuart Thyer wrote:
>
> > ----------
> > In article <91k65u$ej$2@pc1762.alcatel.com.au>,
> > thebaron@nospam.ozemail.com.au wrote:
> >
> > >Yesterday i was listening with my new scanner and heard that the
police
> > >had been called to breathalise the driver of a cityrail train due
to arrive
> > >at platform 18 at central at 10.57am yesterday morning. The train
would
> > >be held until they arrived. bit of a worry, anyone hear what
happened.
> > >You'd have to assume the guard reported him and was scared half to
death.

> > You would assume that, but you should also be aware that drivers are
> > breathalysed if they are involved in an incident, ie safeworking
f$# up,
> > fatality, collision and possibly other things. It is routine to
ensure the
> > driver is .00 which would be used later in an enquiry. Or it could
be a
> > random breath test thing, if they conduct them.
> >
> > Stuart Thyer
> > Photographer
> > University of Melbourne

Sent via Deja.com